Saturday, February 22, 2014

looking forward to an exciting new garden book....

Garden writer Niki Jabbour (Author of The Year Round Vegetable Gardener, 2012 American Horticultural Society Book Award winner) has put together a brand new book. Its titled Groundbreaking Food Gardens: 73 Plans That Will Change the Way You Grow Your Garden. It includes plans from really interesting food gardens - AND ... one of them is MINE! (ah, well, Skippy's, I should say...)

Our section is titled "Urban Shade Garden". It includes a beautiful diagram of my garden plan drawn by an artist. And Niki's write up after interviewing me. I've seen the copy of my section and I love it. Can't wait to see the rest of the book. It has a March release date set - I think towards the end of the month.

Here's a link to her first book review. "There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is the most versatile, user-friendly, practical and absolutely gorgeous food growing manual I have ever seen!" Wow, sounds super!

4 comments:

Neil A. Waring said...

Just stumbled on your blog-very nice. Makes me want to get my onions started but I am a zone off from you, zone 5, and usually start at the end of the month. I do have flowers for our boarders up and growing, since yesterday.

Year Round Vegetable Gardener said...

Thank you so much Kathy for your kind words about the book AND for taking the time to contribute to it! :) I just love your (Skippy's!) plan - especially your highly productive cold frame - and enjoyed learning more about your gardening techniques and favourite varieties. Can't wait until the book is out so that everyone can learn from your experiences.

Connie said...

Wow! Looks great a great book full of information. I will totally check it out.

Marian (LondonUK) said...

Hi will the book be available in the UK? It sounds very interesting.
Marian (LondonUK)