Saturday, January 24, 2015

new computer - new seed cells

I have a new computer. I'm inside on a snowy day, working on setting it up. Its a fantastic touch screen, high-res Dell running Windows 8.1. (I had a hard time deciding Mac vs PC, but have run PC's for the past 20 years and didn't want to make the switch - learning windows 8 was enough - a one day effort with on-line videos. So I will have the "worker drone" image and not the "creative" image computer. Oh well.)

The challenge for me now is to get the new computer running - so I'm not always relying on the old one and playing with the cool new features of the new one. So, I'm going to try to do all blog posts after this one on my new computer. Most of my files are already transferred. I need to transfer Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Since we have a branch down on a wire outside and are getting intermittent internet service, not sure if it will happen today.

As soon as I do get another post up, I have photos of the seed trays I received this week. I am going to be trying four different sizes of seed cells. Can't wait. They look fun. I need to decide what seeds to plant in which size seed cells.

5 comments:

pam_chesbay said...

Hi Kathy: Good idea getting different sized seed trays, finding out which works best. My all purpose size is 3" cells - 28 cells to a tray. I have smaller ones but rarely use them because they dry out so quickly.

I'm setting up seed starting shelves and lights today & have a quick question: Do you have your proposed seed list / planting list for this year? I love your lists!!

Susie said...

Good luck with 8.1; haven't tried it myself. Just wanted to say thanks for the planting calendars - I'm still learning about timing so this should help me plan for the upcoming season!

kathy said...

Pam, I'll get my lists up soon. I do have my varieties selected and purchased already.

Good to think about the smaller cells drying out. I am thinking about a convenient watering setup so I can give the small cells a fair try. I think It will be better for seedling if I don't rip apart their roots. I am thinking its mostly the greens, lettuce, etc where I tend to do this.

kathy said...

Not too bad, I've gotten my new computer up and functional now for posting here.

I am disappointed that Adobe doesn't support my high resolution screen. I have itsy bitsy fonts, icons and work pallets on Photoshop. You would think a high end graphics software would support new high res screens. They're not actually all that new, have been around several years. Hopefully they are working on it!

Marian (LondonUK) said...

Hi, we had to get a new PC last year which came with 8.1, what a pain to learn.

Seeding time, yay!
Marian (LondonUK)